Examples of projects we have undertaken over the past decade for both public sector and business clients in a number of regions of Australia include:
Policy and issues analysis
- Policy and issues analysis relating to public infrastructure assets; environment protection; corporate responsibility; climate change; and regulatory risk in business planning.
Corporate sustainability assessment and reporting
- Assessed and benchmarked corporate sustainability performance.
- Advised on the range of frameworks currently available for sustainability performance and disclosure.
- Prepared sustainability, corporate responsibility, environment and annual reports.
- Prepared company responses to sustainability indices.
- Assisted clients to review and develop a Code of Responsible Business Practice, and policies and position statements for environment, sustainability and climate change.
- Developed an organisation-wide Sustainability Balanced Scorecard aligning corporate vision and strategy with operations and performance management.
- Prepared greenhouse gas and energy inventories, and reports following the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme legislation.
- Supported client participation in the CDP Climate Change and Water disclosure programs including assessment of risks and opportunities, and preparation of responses to CDP questionnaires.
- Undertook climate change risk analysis and adaptation strategy development.
- Advised clients on the Carbon Farming Initiative.
Strategic asset management
- Prepared capital asset management investment strategies for optimised investment in major infrastructure projects.
- Advised on the land-use change and environmental protection requirements for government approval of infrastructure project proposals.
- Advised on a proposal by an international investment house to underwrite a major new rail system to support development in central Queensland.
Facilitation and stakeholder engagement
- Facilitated nation-wide stakeholder negotiations over proposed legislation changes relating to heavy vehicle road user charges; and climate-change adaptation.
- Stakeholder engagement for major road, water and wastewater infrastructure planning including strategy development, facilitation of meetings and preparation of supporting content and final reports.
- Provided independent chairmanship of CEO and other Senior Executive forums debating regulatory risk issues of critical importance to different industry sectors.
- Demographic and socio-economic trend analyses.
- Assessed the regional impacts of population growth on future public infrastructure demands and the natural environment.
- Prepared water and wastewater strategic plans for regional water authorities.
- Appeared before Federal or State Parliamentary Inquiries and regional forums of the heads of local government; or as guest speakers at conferences for the insurance, chemicals production, environmental services and hazards analysis, agriculture, eco-tourism and other industry sectors.