Examples of projects we have undertaken over the past decade for both public sector and business clients in a number of regions of Australia include:
Policy and issues analysis
- Policy and issues analysis relating to public infrastructure assets; environment protection; corporate responsibility; climate change; and non-financial regulatory risk in business planning.
Corporate sustainability assessment and reporting
- Assessed and benchmarked corporate sustainability performance.
- Advised on the range of frameworks currently available for sustainability performance and disclosure.
- Prepared sustainability, corporate responsibility, environment and annual reports.
- Prepared company responses to sustainability indices used by international investors.
- Assisted clients to review and develop their Code of Responsible Business Practice.
- Developed organisation-wide Sustainability Balanced Scorecards aligning corporate vision and strategy with operations and performance management.
- Prepared greenhouse gas and energy inventories, and reports to comply with the Australian Government’s National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme legislation.
- Supported client participation in the international CDP Climate Change and Water disclosure programs, including assessment of risks and opportunities.
- Prepared climate change risk analysis and adaptation strategies for both public and private sector clients
- Advised clients on the calculation of credits allowable under the national Carbon Farming Initiative.
Strategic asset management
- Prepared strategies for optimising non-financial outcomes of investments in major private and public infrastructure projects, and for the management of capital equipment assets.
- Advised on the land-use change and environmental protection implications of proposals for major infrastructure projects seeking government approval
Facilitation and stakeholder engagement
- Facilitated nation-wide stakeholder negotiations over proposed legislation changes relating to heavy vehicle transport; climate-change adaptation; and public health risk management proposals
- Designed and conducted structured stakeholder engagement programs for major road, water and wastewater infrastructure project plans, including strategy development, facilitation of meetings and preparation of supporting content and final reports.
- Provided independent chairmanship of CEO and other Senior Executive forums negotiating regulatory risk issues of critical importance to their specific industry sector.
- Counducted demographic and socio-economic trend analyses for local governments in New South Wales and Victoria.
- Assessed the regional impacts of population growth on future public infrastructure demands and the natural environment.
- Prepared water and wastewater strategic plans for regional water authorities in three eastern Australian States.
- Appeared before various Federal or State Parliamentary Inquiries; made invited presentations to regional forums of the heads of local government; and appeared as guest speakers at conferences in the insurance, chemicals; , environmental services, agriculture, and eco-tourism commercial sectors.